How To Do The Zoo
Tips to Make Your Visit to the Washington Park Zoo More Enjoyable!
- Timing is everything The animals are most active and the crowds are usually smaller first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon, especially during the heat of the summer. Spring and Fall at the Zoo tend to be a bit less crowded than Summer. And since it’s cooler in the Fall the animals are usually more active.
- Field trip warning Many schools schedule field trips in April and May, so the Zoo may be more crowded at these times, especially between 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each week day.
- Be weather smart It’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast before you set out for your zoo and dress accordingly.
- Zoo attire Don’t wear your Sunday best for your trip to the zoo. Instead, wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Plan Ahead Be sure to read the zoo’s rules, policies and hours. Also don’t forget your camera!