NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the City of Michigan City, Indiana, acting by and through the Park and Recreation Department (“Park Department”) will receive sealed bids for:
Gardena Playground Renovation Project
The scope of work consists of the installation of new play equipment, installation of rubber tiles under play equipment, site furnishings, installation of a picnic shelter, construction of concrete ADA walkways at Gardena Park. Gardena Park is located at 900 Gardena Street, Michigan City, Indiana (“Project”). The plans and specifications and the contract documents for the Project may be obtained from the Park Department 100 East Michigan Blvd, Michigan City, IN 46360 upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $25.00 for each set of plans and specifications and contract documents.
There will be a mandatory pre-bid meeting on August 1, 2016 at 2 pm at City Hall, 100 East Michigan Blvd, Michigan City, IN 46360 in the Emergency Operations room located in the lower level.
Sealed bids shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Parks Department, 100 East Michigan Blvd., Michigan City, Indiana 46360 by 5:00 pm CDT, on August 17, 2016 at which time the bids will be opened at the Park Board’s public meeting at 5 pm CDT in the Council Chambers on the lower level of City Hall.
All submitted bids shall contain
- Qualifications, a list of related project experience with pertinent project information and references provided by clients.
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance and Worker’s Compensation Insurance Coverage in accordance with the contract documents.
- In accordance with IC 36-1-12-4, each bid in excess of One Hundred Fifty Thousand and no/100 Dollars ($150,000) shall be submitted with the following:
- Financial Statement
- Statement of Experience
- Proposed plan for performing the work
- Equipment Available
- Indiana Form 96
- Non-collusion affidavit
- In accordance with IC 36-1-12-4.5, each bid in excess of Two Hundred Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($200,000.00) shall be submitted with a certified check or bidder's bond in an amount of not less than Ten Percent of the bid amount as a guarantee that the bidder will perform the terms of the bid if it is accepted by the Park Department.
- In accordance with IC 36-1-12-13.1, in the event that the successful bid exceeds the sum of Two Hundred Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($200,000.00), the successful bidder will be required to submit a payment bond.
- In accordance with IC 36-1-12-14, for projects greater than Two Hundred Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($200,000.00), a performance bond equal to the contract price is required
- Michigan City Equal Employment Opportunity Program and Local Hiring Program (City Ordinance No 2303)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Clause to be included in City Contracts
- Affirmative Action and EEO Policy Statement
- Notice of Non-Discrimination in Employment
- Certification of Non-Segregated Facilities
- If the successful bid exceeds the sum of One Hundred Fifty Thousand and NO/100 Dollars ($150,000.00), the successful bidder will be required to comply with Michigan City Hiring Ordinance No. 4102
- Affidavit of E-Verify Compliance
- Certification of Non-Investment in Iran
- In accordance with IC 4-13-18-5 Employee Drug Testing Plan
- The submission of additional pertinent information beyond the requirements of this Notice to Bidders is acceptable.
The Contractor shall be capable of providing all the services for the Project. Exclusion of any service for the Project may serve as cause for rejection. In accordance with Chapter 66 Article III of the Michigan City Municipal Code, each Proposer will be required to comply with the Michigan City Equal Opportunity Program in order for the Parks Department to consider its proposal. The Parks Department will forward all Proposers’ Equal Opportunity proposal packages to the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer. Each bidder must submit a written affirmative action program with a proposal, which program shall include specific goals and timetables for the employment and training of minorities and of lower income residents of the project area. Each bidder must ensure that all employees and applicants for employment are not discriminated against because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
The Park Department reserves the right to waive any formality, informality, or irregularity in any bid or proposal received, and also reserves the right to reject any and all bids and proposals and to re-advertise for bids or proposals.
Issued by Order of the Parks Department of the City of Michigan City, Indiana on July 20, 2016.
City of Michigan City, Indiana, acting by and through the Park and Recreation Department of the City of Michigan City, Indiana
By: Jeremy Kienitz, Superintendent
If you have questions or desire assistance with this survey, please contact the Park Office at 219-873-1506.
take the 2017-2021 Michigan City Parks Department Master Plan Survey online
download the 2017-2021 Michigan City Parks Department Master Plan Survey to fax, mail or email
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.
Do you want the water quality of local beaches at your fingertips?
Check out IDEM's cool new smartphone app "Indiana BeachAlert."
Free at the App Store.